Friday, May 4, 2007

"It's Raining, It's Pouring"

Bizarre weather today. Rain or shine, I try to take the little ones outside each day. This lets my toddler, "blow off stink," (which he really needs, cause he's a stinker!), my baby get some fresh air, and my dog gets some much needed exercise, I just plain old love the outdoors, so it's good all around for me too.
Well, today while we were out, it not only rained, it poured! I'm pretty, "seasoned," when it comes to rainy days from growing up in the Northwest. Basically, you can't let rain stop you from the outdoors; otherwise you'd never go outside. But, I keep forgetting that we moved to the middle of a rain forest here. One minuet it's sunny, blue skies, the next it's pouring...now that I'm not used to. So we braved it out for a quick 15-minuet walk, and by the time we got back home, we were so wet that all our clothes went straight into the dryer!
So our short venture outside was a bit of a disappointment, but the rest of the day made up for it. We did puzzles, sang songs, read books, talked about stuff, played with play dough, and I was able to make a nice dinner too (Chicken Divan!) Maybe, after a while, I'll get used to this crazy weather?

No comments: