Thursday, August 23, 2007

Patching Up Jeans

I'm currently patching a pair of my hubby's Carhartt work jeans. They already have two layers of denim on the thighs, but here I am patching holes that have become so large, he can no longer wear them. He insists that all the guys he knows wear their jeans out just as fast. "Sometimes they catch on things,,, like the saw blades." "Please," I thought, I don't want to know, just give me the jeans, and I'll fix them!

They are of course his favorite, so here I am, attempting to patch them up. I'm doing a double zig zag seam to be extra sure. I have tried the iron on patches, but never had much success. I have heard that if you iron, then sew them on, that they actually last without falling off.

However, I have an old pair of denim jeans that I kept around, and it's a good thing because now I can cut them up for fabric (you never know when you just might need something) {smile}.

If I ever figure out how to post pictures on this thing (I'm technologically challenged), then I'll post a picture of my patching attempts. (Our computer is a Mac, and things seems to be a little different with these.)

No comments: