Sunday, July 8, 2007

Sunday and More

My legs are so tired from the long, but good day.
I've been on my feet and running today with church nursery, the bachelors dinner and evening church nursery!!
The bachelors dinner went great - they stayed for a long time just talking and having a nice time (which made all the hard work and preparations worth it!)
My mind is spinning thinking about starting a mom's group at our church.
I'm not super gifted in administration and leadership type roles, so it's a little scary.
I feel like I'm being stretched a little, and I'm hoping no one is expecting me to be Miss type-A personality, with everything planned out to a T, activities organized for the year, and answers for everything!
I have a best friend like this and I keep telling her she's making the rest of us look bad! {smile}

Hubby's beat from the busyness of the day, so were both like blobs, barely moving and too tired to talk.
He's bummed because a family in the church, who he's spent lot's of time helping and counseling, has been visiting another church.
His first reaction is to take it personally. "Am I doing something wrong?" he asks. Of course asking this is okay, not always a bad thing to self evaluate, but in this case, I'm afraid there's nothing he could have done.
The sad thing is, this family will probably do the same thing to their next pastor. Sadly, it seems like some families can't function unless they are totally codependent. It's like when PH tried to let go a little, to let them walk on their own a little, they couldn't handle it, and took it wrong.
It's still hard to take because it does feel a little personal - we really care for these people, but can't live their lives for them.

No comments: