Sunday, June 3, 2007

Sunday Praises

This month is the first month that our new Nursery Ministry volunteers begin. It was so wonderful to be able to actually be in a church service this morning. It has been 18 mos. since I've heard a message! Afterwards, I felt so renewed and energized, I took lots of notes and sang my heart out (so much my voice was actually tired afterwards!)
After the service was over, and I went to pick my kids up from Nursery, the woman volunteering was smiling, and seemed happy to be able to be of help. I think it really helps having each worker there just once a month. The responsibility gets spread out, so that no one person gets burned out. So, even if it's been crazy, they know that they only have to do it once a month!
I sat in the very front row of church, and loved every minuet of it. I know this probably sounds really vain, but there's not many things that compare to watching my husband preach. To see him doing something that he was born to do, to see him in his element...I think any wife, even those not married to Pastors might be able to relate. Like the Fire Fighters wife, getting to see her husband fight fires, or the Baseball Players wife, seeing her husband play baseball. Of course, I don't think Hollywood will be making any action packed movies about Pastors any time soon. I mean, fighting fires and playing baseball are a little more dangerous and appealing to most people than a Sunday message. However, seeing my husband doing what he loves, and what God destined him to do is a wonderful thing for this wife to watch!

1 comment:

Allison McMillan said...

I really identify with your admiration of your husband while he is preaching! I often ask mine, "Are you sure it's not a sin for me to be thinking about what I'm thinking about when you preach?", but he is definately at his most handsome and attractive then, full of boldness and doing what God has called him to do! I'm so glad the burden of nursery has been lifted from your shoulders alone, so that you can 'indulge' in seeing and hearing your husband each week!