Thursday, November 29, 2007

Mom's Group Update

This mornings Mom's Group went very well. I was tired, and not really looking forward to it, as it seemed like just, "one more thing," lately. However, being there was a blessing to me, as others shared what was on their hearts, and I could see the Lord working.
I think I really needed to see that, and it was an answer to prayer. Sometimes I really don't know what God is doing in people's lives. I am very thankful that I was able to be there today and see little transformations in hearts and minds that reflect the Lord's working.
It's my prayer that a group like this will stay tethered to the Lord, and that He will lead us, and that it would be each mother's hearts desire to be led by Him. It seems like when women get together, so much of what we are is pure, unchecked emotion. I see some of these Mom's beginning to bring Christ into their well of emotions, and I see Him manifesting the fruit of the spirit, and Godly principles that just weren't there before.
I am learning as well that my place is to simple create Godly opportunities for people to act, like facilitating this Mom's Group. If people don't come, if they come and say the wrong things...well, then thats the battle of the Holy Spirit, not mine. (whew, what a relief!)

No comments: