Saturday, April 21, 2007

Something From Nothing

One of my favorite things to do is to create a lot from a little. So far, this month has been financially, "tight", and Iv'e been calling myself, "Old Mother Hubbard," because when I look in our cupboards, it looks quite bare. There were, however, two cans of tomatoes in the back corner that caught my eye. Before I knew it, those cans of tomatoes combined with a lot of love, and a little creativity created, "Roseta Supeta!"
I had made homemade spaghetti sauce with pasta, garlic bread (from near expired hot dog buns), and green beans. When my family gathered around the table for dinner, and my husbands said grace, I felt a renewed thankfulness in my heart. My family was delighted with the meal before them, having not a care of what they didn't have, but content with all that was provided. If only they had known that the kitchen was full of prayers only hours earlier, for God's provisions. When the time is right, it will be a wonderful story to share with them.

1 comment:

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

We've had days like these and the Lord keeps providing and providing in miraculous ways...He has taken care of all our needs---what a faithful God we serve!