Sunday, April 22, 2007

Fellowship With the Believers

Well, another encouraging day at Church! There's nothing quite like hearing the Word and enjoying fellowship with the believers. As a Pastor's wife, I partake in the latter only on Sunday mornings, because of my service in the Nursery during the message. However, the Lord has lifted me up and encouraged me through his saints.
It's not always easy, getting my family out the door for church. Some days, I'd rather not go, sleep late, stay in my bathrobe. Infact, theres no guarentee that things will even go smoothly once we enter the Church doors. For instance, when it came time to leave for home today, my toddler protested so loudly that someone had to close the meeting doors (I guess they thought that would work) during in the middle of a very important Church Business Meeting. Life in the fishbowl, combined with a little one's very loud tantrum...but, God says the right way isn't always the easy way. You see, God has established the Church for believers today. It is where we recieve accountablity, encouragement, and christian fellowship. Many churches are hurting today because of Christian's disobediance. Christians who don't go to church. The local church is a body, and suffers when any part is missing. Now I believe in God's sovereignty, and that He always provides for the need. But, what opportunity and eternal investments Christians are missing out on because of their disobedience. Let me just say, after the bumps in the road, is testimony of His blessings. I love my church!

No comments: