Friday, April 27, 2007

"Mom; Do You Know My Jesus?"

I was raised in a “no nonsense” kind of home. My sweet mother was nothing but hard working and practical! (I just love her for teaching me those things). Anyways, we live in different states, and she is coming for a visit. We can’t wait to see her!
Where my heart aches, and where I’ve spent many hours in prayer, is that my mom doesn’t have a personal relationship with Christ. She was raised a devout Catholic. During my childhood, I only remember going to Catholic Mass a couple of times. Apparently, I was baptized by my grandma in the bathtub (I’m not sure what that was all about?) I remember being taught to pray by reciting, “Our Father,” and “Hail Mary prayers.” Sadly though, by the time I graduated high school, I knew nothing about a personal Jesus or the Bible.
I know none of my prayers for my mom have been void. Infact, the Lord has allowed so much to take place. I mean, my mom has seen a complete transformation in my life, she’s seen God continually provide for our family, she’s seen contentment and peace in our hearts when they’re shouldn’t have been, and we have had profitable conversations about the Lord.
I confess to the Lord that I have such little faith. Doubt creeps in, and I really just don’t know if she will ever know Jesus like I do. But then maybe she will, and with the hope that provides, it then it becomes about waiting on His timing (I confess, I’m not so good at waiting either).

2 comments:

Julo said...

I have an almost similar situation with my dad...but know that God hears and be open to his using you. There was one time when my aunt died last year that he was more tender to things of God, but then it's back to the same old complacency, even though he's a wonderful guy. It just breaks your heart, I know.

Help meet said...

Yes its true. It's comforting to know that you have such a similar situation in your life. Thanks for the reply.