Sunday, October 21, 2007

Sunday Report

From time to time, I like to invite just the bachelors of the church to Sunday dinner at our home.

Today, after church, was one of those times. As usual, meat and potatoes was on the menu, because thats what men love. I also served, as one of the sides, my home made canned applesauce! (I couldn't resist). They really liked it, and said it's amazing how it tastes different from store bought (in a good way, I think! :-))

It's a lot of fun having just the guys over. They are, of course, very thankful for a home cooked meal. Most of their diets consist of mostly top ramen and cereal, so their not a difficult crowd to please.

Another sweet thing happened as I was preparing the meal, my little son said, "Mommy can I have a hug and a kiss?" I said, "Of course!" As I was hugging him, he said that my hug wasn't big enough, so I squeezed harder, till we both got the giggles.

I thought on the busyness of the morning, and how much sharing he has to do with other people over Papa and Mama at church. I think it can be difficult for our children at times in the ministry. When he runs to me after nursery to show me his picture and tell me what he learned, and soon finds out Mommy's got 101 people that also need her...whew, it can't be easy.
So when he asked for a hug and a kiss, I knew how bad he needed me at that moment. I'm just glad he asked.

2 comments:

Merrie said...

I just clicked my way through tons of blogs and came to yours. Strange how God leads. Ilove the name of your blog... that is exactly what we are as Pastor's wives.
All our children are grown and married now. You are so wise to see the need and hunger in your children. It is hard to keep things in perspective and in order.
I also love the fact that you invite and include memebers of your congregation in your home life. That is wonderful!
Blessings!

Help meet said...

I'm so glad you stopped by, and thanks for the encouragement!
It's great getting to know other PW's, as we have such a unique role to fulfill, that tends to develop a sort of unspoken bond.
Anyways, I look forward to visiting your blog!